Friday, January 4, 2008

DJ is a college student!

My little brother, DJ, is now out at BYUI. It's crazy to think of him away at school and so much on his own. I'm proud of him for going out there. I know he'll be fine and I think he'll love it, but he's probably pretty nervous right now. It's weird to think of Amy as the only "kid" left at home--I know it is for her--but probably a bit strange for my mom and dad too as they prepare to be "empty nesters." But then they'll have a beautiful granddaughter to keep them occupied!! :) And of course it'll give more time and flexibility to do some of the things they enjoy and to visit and keep in touch with all of us kids.

I'm still fighting this nasty cold. I got aggressive last night and bought all the medicine I'm allowed to take as well as a really awesome (filterless!) humidifier. Slept better last night and felt better this morning, but then I was stuck in my very dry car for over an hour b/c there were 2 accidents on the way to work. Hoping to get well over the weekend. Pray that I do. Our poor little girl is being contracted and startled with every cough and nose-blow... and Reesey won't come near me (I think she's scared of the noise). Brian is feeling better, thank goodness, so now since we aren't being miserable together, I'm definitely poor company.

I just sent my very late holiday cards and news to a few people earlier this week but I didn't send them to anyone I thought my mom would be sending the Hill newsletter to (Hills, Ibbersons, church friends, etc). I figured we'd be sending birth announcements later this year (or at least at Christmas!) to everyone on my normal list.

No comments: